TO SIGN UP PLEASE EMAIL JEFF HERSH (firstname.lastname@example.org) AND INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION. You can reach Jeff at 212-956-0543.
- First and Last Name
- Cell Phone
- Email Address
- Indicate if you need transportation
- Indicate if you are a FIRST TIME or RETURNING volunteer
WHAT TO BRING
- Lunch and Water will be provided
- Wear old clothes, long pants year round – long pants are absolutely mandatory in order to comply with federal OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) regulations. You will get dirty. During colder months, each home will have warming stations- feel free to dress in multiple layers.
- Wear thick-soled, slip resistant shoes with strong leather upper or boots (no sneakers or sandals). This is MANDATORY to comply with City and State laws.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- No construction experience is necessary. Our knowledgeable Site Supervisor and AmeriCorps Site Leaders will lead you in building the Habitat way!
- We supply all tools, hats, gloves and work belts.
- Water is supplied. Feel free to bring a personal water container.
- Bathrooms: We provide clean port-o-johns with hand sanitizer.
- Items such as bags, purses or coats will either be locked away or in the room where you are working.