About the Role
In FTI Consulting’s Corporate Finance & Restructuring segment, we focus on our clients’ strategic, operational, financial and capital needs by addressing the full spectrum of financial and transactional challenges faced by corporations, boards, private equity sponsors, creditor constituencies and other stakeholders.
What You’ll Do
As a Consultant/Senior Consultant Corporate Real Estate Advisor within FTI’s Real Estate Solutions (RES) practice, you will be a member of a team of professionals in a fast-paced environment and serve clients by providing strategic solutions to solve their corporate real estate business issues. Day-to-day activities will include working on engagements that involve real estate portfolio analysis, financial modeling and development of strategies to support clients’ focus on real estate optimization and cost reduction. Additional work may include global site selection, facilities management optimization, sourcing strategy, real estate operating model optimization as well as implementation of these strategies on our clients’ behalf.
- Work with a wide array of clients that may include Fortune 500, middle market, government, private equity across a wide array of industry segments alongside other FTI practice areas (e.g., Restructuring, M&A) or in a stand-alone capacity.
- Support our clients’ needs by determining real estate requirements and the overall portfolio that best aligns with their corporate strategy. This may include occupancy and vacancy analysis, drive time analysis and other analytical strategies to support the assessment.
- Identify opportunities for portfolio optimization, cost savings and improved return on investment across the real estate portfolio.
- Advise on workplace strategy to facilitate improved workplace collaboration, social distancing requirements, improved space optimization or other enterprise requirements.
- Advise on strategies to optimize facilities management across the enterprise portfolio.
- Develop strategies to support restructuring of leases.
- Provide guidance on strategies to optimize the corporate real estate platform (e.g., organization structure, processes, technology, etc.).
- Analyze and provide data to support recommendations for sale-leasebacks, acquisitions, dispositions, hold versus sell analysis, feasibility studies, market studies, highest and best use analysis, or other related strategies.
- Conduct activities to support implementation and provide project and change management support in conjunction with implementation and roll-out of recommendations.
- Support optimization of corporate real estate organization structure in the areas of transactions, facilities management, space and occupancy planning, lease administration, etc. that may include integration of outsourced services from third-parties; facilitate and manage RFP and sourcing process to identify, select and transition to providers.
- Integrate with other strategies related to workplace, sustainability, labor and finance.
- Provide support in the creation of governance, processes and technologies to facilitate future client assignments.
- Conduct site selection and related analysis (e.g., incentives, labor, supply chain, demographics, etc.).
- Create deliverables to clearly and succinctly present analytical findings in an easy-to-understand and well-presented format.
How You’ll Grow
Direct access to leadership with defined long-term planning will ensure continued success and career trajectory with direct development. Having the opportunity to partner with our internal teams and diverse clients will help with continued growth in new and complex functional areas.
- A bachelor’s degree in real estate, accounting, finance, management, business or related major.
- Served in a client advisory capacity focused on corporate real estate, facilities or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience managing teams and working in a collaborative, innovative, fast-paced environment.
- Be highly motivated, analytical, have a passion for serving clients and focused on creative solutions.
- Ability and willingness to travel on average 25-50% but based on client needs, up to 75%.
- Strong spreadsheet and analytical skills including the development and application of dynamic financial models.
- Proficiency and experience including Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Developed aptitude for problem solving including quantitative / qualitative analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills as needed to interface with team members and clients in a time sensitive and mission critical environment.
- Self-starter able to work independently as part of a coordinated team effort.
- Ability and willingness to learn and grow in a service-oriented environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and have strong time management skills.
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.